JoAnne Juliano Giger devotes her practice to family law and has been practicing law for more than 25 years. Prior to joining our firm in 2022, she was a member of a boutique family law firm for more than 20 years. JoAnne began her professional career as an accountant. In addition to her financial and traditional legal training, she has received certification as a mediator and is a court-approved mediator. She has also completed collaborative law training.
Throughout her career, JoAnne has volunteered her time in various capacities. She serves as an Early Settlement Panelist in Essex and Morris Counties. She served as a member of the District V-C Ethics Committee and the District V-C Fee Arbitration Committee, where she last served as Vice-Chair. JoAnne has participated as a speaker and volunteer attorney for the Volunteer Lawyers for Justice Divorce Seminars and Clinics. She is also a former member of the Board of the New Jersey Chapter of the AFCC and served as the Chapter’s Secretary from May 2017 until May 2019.
Awards and Recognition
JoAnne has consistently been recognized for her achievements in family law, commencing with her receipt while in law school of the American Jurisprudence Award – Family Law, 1992. She has been selected for inclusion in the list of New Jersey Super Lawyers since 2009. A description of the selection methodology can be found by clicking here. JoAnne has also been selected for several years for inclusion in New Jersey Family magazine’s Best Lawyers for Families.
- New Jersey Association for Justice 2009 Boardwalk Seminar on the issues of palimony and unmarried cohabitants
- 2009 Judicial Family Division Education Conference on the issues of palimony and unmarried cohabitants
- Moderator – New Jersey AFCC Fall 2017 Program, Settlement Based Approaches to Custody Matters
- Loyola University of Chicago School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1994
- The College of New Jersey, B.S., 1984
- New Jersey, 1997
- New York, 2000
- Illinois, 1994
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- Devaney v. L’Esperance 195 N.J. 247 (2008)
Pro Bono Activities
- Former member of the District V-C Ethics Committee
- Former member of the District V-C Fee Arbitration Committee, Vice Chair
- Former member of the Board of the N.J. Chapter of the AFCC, Secretary May 2017 – May 2019
- Early Settlement Panelist – Essex and Morris Counties
- Volunteer Lawyers for Justice, speaker and volunteer attorney